Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And the winner is...


Well, the first three responses were quite right. Yes, Crystal, it is a gourd. Yes, mom, a type of squash. But Jennet has amazed me with her squash knowledge: the exact name is a patty-pan according to my online dictionary. It has a milder taste than zucchini and is nice served cold or room temperature in a vinaigrette (must be peeled and cooked, I should mention!). Remi's parents grow it in their garden.

As you can tell by my blogging frequency, I've got a bit more time on my hands lately. With an amazing two hours and 15 minutes of lessons this week, I guess I'm goofing off more often. If only I were paid for it...

4 comments:

Ksam said...

Funny, another fellow blogger just recently blogged about this type of squash, so I just learned their English name a few days ago!

Lindle said...

Congrats to Jennet--from this point on to be referred to has Her Royal Squashness!

Jenenz said...

My housemate loves squash, so I've been lucky to see a plethora of squishes in our kitchen. I'm not a summer squash eater myself (prefer the meaty winter squashes versus the watery summer kind), but as summer squashes go, these are nicer to my palate than zucchini, the long mighty courgette.

Keep the quizzes going. They are fun!

Deidre said...

What a pretty squash! :)

I've heard of Patty Pan but hadn't seen one in the flesh.