Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My favorite things

Ever notice how you get a warm feeling just talking about the things you like? It's an affirmation of yourself, too. I like, therefore I am. So make your own list and think it over when you're feeling blue (à la the song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music). Turn over those objects mentally in your head for a little boost.

So here's my list, non-exhaustive, mind you...

Tea parties and all that goes with them.

And while we're on the subject of tea, I do love my delicate tea cups I bought in Bruges years ago that are such a warm burnt orange and rimmed with gold.


Muscari or grape hyacinth flowers. Adorably elegant with those little blue flowers.


Girlfriends! Need I say more? Here you see Caro, Marine and Karine, dear work pals.






































My lime green dish-washing gloves.
They make me feel invincible when I plunge into grimy water. Washing dishes is a little more bearable with these babies.


Winter days that give you hope that there will be sun around the corner. Or that give you an excuse to stay inside and be cozy.


Picking up my muffin from school at the official end of the school day. I can do that for the next few weeks because my hours at the internship are shorter than when I'm in class.


I could go on, but maybe I'll save that for another post. In the meantime, I think I'll spread the joy of favorite things by tagging Crystal, Amber and Jessamyn to make their own lists, if they so desire. And, you, dear readers, I'd love to hear what's on your list, too.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Aww thanks so much for posting pics of the girls! It's been ages since I've seen them (in photo form or in person...) I had a little pang as I read about your tea party and saw their smiling faces. Oh how I wish I could have joined you!

The flowers are gorgeous and made me smile. There's something about fresh flowers no matter what time of the year...

THanks for tagging me. I'm horrible to actually getting around to doing memes, but I can tell you that my favourite things are:

being in Canada with my family and friends (whenever that is possible!)

my pets

Starbucks

having a job that isn't teaching!! lol

Hugs to you and to the girls :)

Anonymous said...

you made me laugh about the rubber gloves! i am exactly the same and probably worse. I actually couldn't bring myself to wash up recently when one of my gloves sprang a leak. mine are yellow at the moment, but my favs are turquoise!

Lindle said...

#1 is being with my girls, and the newest joy of our lives--Juliette.
#2 landing safely from an airplane ride--such a relief
#3 no homework!
#4 taco salad
#5 being surprised by a storyline, whether it's in a book or a movie

Gosh--there are so many favorite things--and isn't that wonderful?!