Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My life in pictures

Hey everyone.  Somehow I haven't found the time to update my blog in a while.  Work has been busy (which is a good thing).  Still looking for lab jobs while teaching English. But really just happy to have a job and some stability after last year's meager earnings. 

Here are a few of the highlights of the last month...

Remi totally surprised me with an outing to celebrate my ten year anniversary in France.  I thought we were going to visit some friends for lunch but in fact he'd arranged for my good friend Caroline to watch Juliette while he and I went out to lunch (Italian- my favorite).  A very lovely way to celebrate and a touching moment.  Here you see us all together when we joined Caro and Juju in town after lunch.  She was a fabulous babysitter, too!


Another Sunday we visited a war cemetery around here (there are tons) from the First World War.  It so wasn't Juliette's thing but was a nice outing anyway.


She's also mastering writing her first name (though her alphabet kit only had one T and E).



And finally a bit of art I put up in the bedroom  made with some fabric samples and cheap Ikea frames. 



Nothing very extraordinary going on, but after my intense year of studying and stressing, I truly enjoy the down-time and being able to enjoy the little things.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear things are going pretty well at the moment; you deserve it!

Congrats on hitting the 10-year mark in France. I know it hasn't been an easy road, but you should be proud of yourself for sticking it and making the best of it. I'm coming up on 7 years, and some days, I can't believe it! In some ways it feels like I moved here just yesterday, and others, like I've been here forever.

P.S. Love the fabric + frame idea! Cute!!

Michelle said...

Nice to see you blogging again. We have the same alphabet puzzle which I just brought out for my youngest to start playing with, about time he learned some letters! Looks like Juliette is doing great. Congrats on your 10years in France! Definitely worth celebrating!!

Jenenz said...

Happy Anniversary! So much has happened over the 10 years. Glad you received a surprise celebration from Remi.

I like how Juju spelled her name while the alphabet set was upside down. Find that girl another T & E!